Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fry's Kids Korner


Recently, I was introduced to Fry's Kid Korner. Fry's now has an in-store, free child-care. It is open 9:00am to 8:00pm 7 days a week at select locations.
They are:
  • 4848 East Bell Road (Tatum and Bell)
  • 3616 East Ray Road (Ray Road and Ranch circle)
  • 714 South Val Vista Drive (Val Vista And Warner)
  • 20220 West 59th Avenue (59th Avenue and Bearsley) *my store
  • 3100 North Glassford Hill Road (Glassford Hill Road & Florentine)
  • 2010 S. Alma School Road (Germann & Alma School Road)
  • 8375 W. Deer Valley Road (83rd Avenue & Deer Valley Road)
  • 6625 W. Happy Valley Road (67th Avenue & Happy Valley Road)

 
Here is a quick rundown of the rules and features:
1) For children between the ages of 2 and 8.
2) Children can stay for a maximum of 90 minutes as long as the parent stays in the store.
3) You and your child are given matching wristbands and there are video screens throughout the store so you can watch your children.
4)The employees undergo background checks.
5)They provide interactive Kids Games, Rated "G" video Movies and art projects, puzzles and books.

 
I have to say that this is a WONDERFUL feature. My 3-year-old begs to go to the "store with the corner". I actually drive a couple miles to this store (past 2 closer Fry's) because of the Kids Korner. It is so great to do my coupon shopping without a toddler grabbing things off the shelves and putting them in my cart, and yet know she is close by and having a great time. The employees at my store are great. I look forward to seeing them when I go. I also have to confess that one day after all my shopping was done I went to pick up my daughter and she said she wasn't done playing yet. I grabbed a magazine and sat down at the in-store Starbucks and had a relaxing soy strawberry frappicino. :)

 
I definately reccommend this. Hopefully, you have one near you.

1 comment:

Karen @ Desert Chica Ramblings said...

What a neat feature. I hope they bring that down to Tucson!!